By Allison Entrekin, Illustrations by Mark Anderson, Foreword by Victoria Stilwell
What is it that makes people so crazy about dogs? Whether it's their tail-wagging-happy personalities or noses with miraculous smell-detecting sense, dogs offer so much to keep us enthralled with their companionship. For the Love of Dogs expresses the passion we feel for our pets using all 26 letters of the alphabet accompanied by rhymes, colorful illustrations, and informative text. The result is a tribute to pooches that can be enjoyed by readers of all ages."
WHICH BREED IS YOUR BEST IN SHOW? National dog magazine editor Allison Weiss Entrekin shares the pooches that are perfect for all dog lovers.
From barking Beagles to dashing Dachshunds, many of our favorite breeds are featured on the colorful pages of Entrekin's new book. And because I is for ""Instincts"" and O is for ""Obedience,"" readers will learn about some of the traits that make dogs such fascinating friends.
With a foreword written by Victoria, this all-new book explores our canine obsession in a fresh and humorous way. "
Metric Size Chart
Please note: the large harness is on backorder and is expected to ship by mid-June.
No pressure, no pain, no pulling!
Use this newly re-designed harness to teach your dog without pain or discomfort to stop pulling on the leash with Victoria’s force-free positive training methods. Help your dog learn to make the right choices… Positively!
• Double front connections to maximize no-pull effectiveness from both left and right
• Comfortable velvet underarm strap prevents chafing or
• No ‘Martingale’ effect between shoulder blades (eliminates any discomfort for dog)
• 4 adjustment points allow snug fit for all shapes and sizes of dog
• Traditional shoulder connection allows standard harness use after training
• Includes Victoria’s leash-walking training tips
Teaching your dog to walk successfully on leash without the use of force, fear or intimidation has never been easier.
Specially designed to be used with the Positively No-Pull Harness, this double-connection leash extends the harness’ versatility. Use it as a standard 5-foot leash (using only one connection) or connect both ends of the leash to the No-Pull Harness (on the chest and back shoulders) and utilize the adjustable handle to maximize the no-pull effect during training.
Featuring hand-sewn, high quality fabric, the Positively Double-Connection Leash comes with a lifetime warranty and is designed to last while making your walks easier.
5’ (3.5’ when using double-connection)
*Note* Specifically designed for use with the Positively No-Pull Harness.
Recent studies into the minds of canines show that they have a rich social intelligence and a physical and vocal language as complex and subtle as our own. In The Secret Language of Dogs, world-renowned trainer and star of Animal Planet’s It’s Me or the Dog Victoria Stilwell reveals how to both interpret and “speak” the hidden language of dogs. This book is your guide to understanding your pooch, communicating effectively, strengthening your bond, and helping dogs learn in the most effective way possible so they feel confident navigating the human world with success.
Along the way, you’ll learn the answers to questions such as:
• What do different tail wags mean?
• What does being right-pawed say about my dog’s personality?
• How can I tell the difference between boredom barking and warning barking?
• What does it mean when my dog spins around, arches his back, or gives me the whale eye?
• Do dogs feel guilt?
• How do dogs perceive human faces?
• Why do some scientists think dogs’ emotional experience is even greater than ours?
Filled with adorable full-color photographs and instructive illustrations, this insightful “dog decoder” will soon make you dog’s best friend.