In her first best-selling book, Victoria provides a roadmap readers can follow to emulate her world-renowned dog training techniques and tame even the most problematic dog. It’s Me or the Dog: How to Have the Perfect Pet is the ultimate guide to understanding your dog and building a balanced relationship based on trust and respect. Simple, intuitive instructions and stunning color photography help dog owners not just train their pets, but understand them. When a new issue arises, owners can adjust their approach and nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand.
Throughout the book, Victoria reminds pet owners that training isn’t about imposing a trainer’s will on a dog—it’s about giving the dog the tools needed to live in the human world. Central to her philosophy is the idea that in order to fully understand and effectively communicate with your dog, you must first learn to talk and think dog while seeing the world from the dog’s point of view. Only then can the bond between dog and owner truly be based on constructive discipline, mutual respect, and love.
Think Dog: understanding your pup
Talk Dog: canine communication
Dog School: basic obedience training
Dog’s Dinner: the right diet
Accidents Will Happen: house-training
You’ll Never Walk Alone: exercise
Worker’s Playtime: having fun with your dog
Recent studies into the minds of canines show that they have a rich social intelligence and a physical and vocal language as complex and subtle as our own. In The Secret Language of Dogs, world-renowned trainer and star of Animal Planet’s It’s Me or the Dog Victoria Stilwell reveals how to both interpret and “speak” the hidden language of dogs. This book is your guide to understanding your pooch, communicating effectively, strengthening your bond, and helping dogs learn in the most effective way possible so they feel confident navigating the human world with success.
Along the way, you’ll learn the answers to questions such as:
• What do different tail wags mean?
• What does being right-pawed say about my dog’s personality?
• How can I tell the difference between boredom barking and warning barking?
• What does it mean when my dog spins around, arches his back, or gives me the whale eye?
• Do dogs feel guilt?
• How do dogs perceive human faces?
• Why do some scientists think dogs’ emotional experience is even greater than ours?
Filled with adorable full-color photographs and instructive illustrations, this insightful “dog decoder” will soon make you dog’s best friend.
Metric Size Chart
No pressure, no pain, no pulling!
Use this newly re-designed harness to teach your dog without pain or discomfort to stop pulling on the leash with Victoria’s force-free positive training methods. Help your dog learn to make the right choices… Positively!
• Double front connections to maximize no-pull effectiveness from both left and right
• Comfortable velvet underarm strap prevents chafing or
• No ‘Martingale’ effect between shoulder blades (eliminates any discomfort for dog)
• 4 adjustment points allow snug fit for all shapes and sizes of dog
• Traditional shoulder connection allows standard harness use after training
• Includes Victoria’s leash-walking training tips
Teaching your dog to walk successfully on leash without the use of force, fear or intimidation has never been easier.
Specially designed to be used with the Positively No-Pull Harness, this double-connection leash extends the harness’ versatility. Use it as a standard 5-foot leash (using only one connection) or connect both ends of the leash to the No-Pull Harness (on the chest and back shoulders) and utilize the adjustable handle to maximize the no-pull effect during training.
Featuring hand-sewn, high quality fabric, the Positively Double-Connection Leash comes with a lifetime warranty and is designed to last while making your walks easier.
5’ (3.5’ when using double-connection)
*Note* Specifically designed for use with the Positively No-Pull Harness.